Calcium carbonate (CaCO3) is one of the most popular mineral fillers used in the plastics industry. It is widely available around the world, easy to grind or reduce to a specific particle size, compatible with a wide range of polymer resins and economical. As an additive in plastic compounds, CaCO3 helps decrease surface energy and provides opacity and surface gloss, which improves surface finish. In addition, when the particle size is carefully controlled, CaCO3 helps increase both impact strength and flexural modulus (stiffness).
Polyethylene Compounds and Master Batches with Filled Calcium Carbonate
Modify physical property of plastics, act as plastical modifier.
Replace petroleum resource, reduce production cost. Environmentally friendly.
Improve printability, smoothness, hardness, stiffness, anti-block...
PP/PE calcium carbonate compound: used for PP/PE film blowing, PP/PE sheet extrusion, PP/PE pipe extrusion, PP/PE yarn spinning, PP/PE injection moulding, PP/PE bottle blowing, PP/PE non-woven fabric/fibre weaving..., compounds modifying polypropylene/homo PP/copolymer PP resin.
- Processed by the continous FARREL rotor internal continous compounder mixer or twin screw extruder.
- Calcium carbonate master batch for transparent HDPE film available now. Adding by 5-10%, transparency becomes better in some cases; adding by 10-30%, transparency is still good enough. It`s also good for LDPE, LLDPE film, HDPE pipe and PP sheet, which are transparent, but not very transparent.
- Rub the film, CaCO3 (powder) and/or talc (powder) are not found.
- Pellet is round and flat in shape, smooth feeling, well plastified, good dispersibility.
- Ideal additive, harmless, no toxin.
- Save cost, reduce expenditure, strengthen competition.
- Professional process: CaCO3 (powder) and/or talc (powder) are coated and activated by unique coupling agent, dispersant and plasticizer before CaCO3 (pellet) and/or talc (pellet) are produced.
- Special formula: CaCO3 compound and/or talc compound do not apparently side effect physical property of PE film, sometime the tensile strength of PE film becomes better after adding CaCO3 compound and/or talc compound.
- Plastic calcium carbonate compound named as CaCO3 filler compound,CaCO3-filled agent,CaCO3 composite,CaCO3 extender,CaCO3 pellet.
Benefits of Using Transparent Calcium Carbonate Masterbatch
- Maintain the transparency of polymer, keep optical properties almost intact.
- Prevent slitting & folding of tapes in tape lines from splitting in machine direction.
- Offer extremely good dispersion with any polymer.
- Impart certain degree of roughness to extruded/blown film & thereby improve the anti-slip & anti-blocking property of film surface.
- Cost reduction when used as a polymer extender.
- Improved sealibility in extruded film.
- Improve physical properties like hardness, stiffness & impact strength in extruded film.
- Decrease extruder torque & increase machine throughput between 5 to 10%. Reduce the energy cost per kg, thereby reduce processing costs.
- Replace some of petroleum resources, reduce the burning-heat of finished goods, so that the Burners life-span becomes longer. This reduces energy consumption.